The COVID19 pandemic has significantly disrupted the daily operations and strategic goals of civil society organisations and the non-profit sector. At the same time, many funders and donors have responded by shifting priorities towards emergency funds and short-term needs.
As vaccines are being rolled out across Europe, it is time to reflect and prepare for what is coming next. The return to what has been before is unlikely.
So how can organisations prepare and strategise for the transition to the post-COVID19 world?
The interactive online discussion panel aims to open a dialogue between donor organisations and activists, civil society and change-making organisations on working together to meet future challenges effectively.
The expert presentations aim to build capacity within civil society to help them prepare and manage the transition successfully.
Part 1: Interactive discussion
- 15:30 – 15:35
- 15:35 – 16:40
- Welcome and introductions
- PANEL DEBATE: The future of funding in the post-COVID transition
Delphine Moralis, Chief Executive, European Foundation Centre
Elsa Özmen, Director Strategic Partnerships, European Climate Foundation
Ludwig Forrest, Head of International Philanthropy, King Baudouin Foundation
Peter Matjašič, Senior Program Officer, Open Society Initiative for Europe
Moderator: Paulina Banaś, Senior Team Leader, European Activism Incubator
Q&A session with the audience (non-profit organisations / civil society)
Part 2: capacity-building expert presentations
- 16:40 – 17:00
- 17:00 – 17:20
- 17:20 – 17:40
- 17:40 – 18:00
- Preparing for the transition: innovation in fundraising Marian Cramers, Democratic Society
- Fundraising as an EU platform – adapting and transitioning to the future | Eszter Somogyi, European Youth Forum
- Communicating impact: how to make your organisation shine Jennifer Ruthe, Written by Jen
- Networking in breakout rooms